Join the ICFP team in a joint assignment with our sister program, Idaho Voices for Children. Apply by March 19.
The Communications and Graphic Design Specialist is responsible for setup and development of effective, secure, and timely communications on topics and issues to the media and public in general about Idaho Voices for Children (IVC), Idaho Center for Fiscal Policy (ICFP), and partners’ work. This position is responsible for producing communication materials, graphic design, layout of reports, infographics, website development, drafting e-newsletters, news releases, and other correspondence social media and public relations messages. This is a full-time benefit eligible position.
Pay and benefit details here.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and carry out communications strategies for IVC and ICFP.
- Manage media contacts and respond to media requests for information.
- Promote IVC and ICFP’s research products and events through the media and other marketing
- Track communications-related outcomes for grant reporting (e.g. number of news stories
- Create and deploy a social media strategy for following brands: Close the Gap Idaho, IVC/ICFP
- Support the development and distribution of print and electronic material including, but not
- limited to, newsletters, brochures, and the website for IVC/ICFP.
- Design and create graphics, including data infographics, invitations, factsheets, and more.
- Maintain archive of images, photos, or previous design projects.
- Manage development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, videos, issue briefs, fact sheets, infographics, annual report, e-newsletters, and IVC/ICFP website.
- Coordinate with printers to get price quotes, place printing orders, and submit requests for payment.
- Develop and maintain website content, ensuring that new information is posted regularly and current content is up-to-date.
- Track usage analytics.
- Improve design features of website.
- 3 years of experience as a Graphic Designer or Graphic Artist and with graphic design software (including Adobe Creative Suite).
- Ability to translate data to communicate its significance relating to policy objectives.
- Excellent communication skills: oral, writing, and web-based.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- A strong commitment to the mission of Idaho Voices for Children and the Idaho Center for Fiscal Policy.
- Experience establishing excellent working relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations.
- Well organized with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in layout sketching and typography in a portfolio.
- Accuracy in website page building.
- Knowledge of printing, prepress, digital output.
- General knowledge of advertising, marketing, and media terminology and processes
- Knowledge of website technical solutions and troubleshooting techniques.
- Videographer skills (preferred).
- Able to pass a criminal history background check.
- A valid driver’s license, access to reliable transportation and able to provide evidence of state required automobile liability insurance.
SYSTEM SKILLS REQUIRED
Standard Graphic Design Software: CS, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Font Management Systems, Microsoft Office, and familiarity with Digital/Social Production (authoring solutions/HTML/Flash).
Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, graphic design, or related fields.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Works in general office environment and travels to venues or other outside facilities where meetings are held. Some evening or weekend hours may be required.
Must be able to tolerate heat and cold, and to drive to venues in varied weather conditions. Sitting, standing, walking, driving, repeated hand and wrist motions (for computer use) are required. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Complete the required Jannus Employment Application available at www.jannus.org and send with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 208.331.0267 or mail or deliver to 1607 W Jefferson St., Boise, ID 83702.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this job.